Wednesday, July 29, 2026

HORSE with SIDE SCROLLS

It's all hooked and am working on the binding part.   It is a recognizable antique which I adapted and since I didn't have enough orangey red like the original, decided to go with this. Well, actually, if you've been following me you know I reverse hooked the first color hooked in and chose this more brownish color.  Not my favorite horse rug I've hooked but finally got this one crossed off my 'to hook' list.
Felt like a change on the rug at the entrance to the kitchen so removed the two white chickens and replaced it with this geo floral.  Oh my but I did enjoy hooking this in 2025 and am enjoying it even more on the floor vs. rolled up and stored.  
Last evening for about an hour I kept glued to the local weather while they monitored many nearby areas where there were rotations of potential and eventually realized tornados.  Thankfully, they bypassed Seaford.  Humidity is better today and no tornado threats.  Hope your evening is as comforting.

Saundra


4 comments:

  1. And yet another great finish! You amaze me with all you get hooked.
    So when do we find out what’s next on the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both rugs are so very nice! I’m a Libra and they say we like balance so both of these designs really appeal to me. Very happy to read storms did not visit your area

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your horse! The scrolls make it seem stately and elegant. Seems like that was a pretty quick finish. To me, using what we create is an important part to the whole process. I have to pretty much use mine in no trip areas these days and there are not many (in my house) where a rug looks like it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pieces and so much better when in use.
    So glad the weather passed you by we are windy and rainy but sadly humid also ick.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.