The last loops were pulled on the Pot of Flowers yesterday afternoon and it was done soon after the box of work arrived by FedEx. It hasn't been steamed yet but at least while I'm working on something for someone else I won't be drawn to finishing up the piece. For those of you who want to know the dimensions, the rug is 16" x 22.5". Sadly the flash messes with the color and it is not washed out in person. Soon you will see it offered on my web site in the pattern section.
If you would like to compare it to the original antique, here it is. And while hooking mine I had an ah ha moment. ......read on.......
I printed out a picture of the antique rug so that I could use that to draw the pattern. Problem is the printed copy wasn't so great and was hard to determine whether it was a leaf or a flower on the right side. It would be the blue, red and light colored one on the bottom of the last flower to the right. When I drew it out it appeared to be a funky looking flower but as I was hooking something didn't seem right. So I pulled up the picture on my computer and could see it was a leaf. Needless to say I had to pull out my hooking and do it right or I'd never been satisfied. Whew, so now I have made that change to my master pattern so future pieces will be drawn properly.
Hope everyone has a happy and SAFE July 4th. I've no plans except to work on my commission and watch movies on the 'telly'.