Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Woolley Fox Project

Okay, okay, I can't stand holding back any longer.  My intentions were to not post a picture of the project I started at Barb's until I'd had a chance to hook some more in the rug but I'm going thru withdrawals with not hooking on it and thought I'd look at it and dream of me hooking.  But I've been so busy with orders, with yard work, getting ready for a show this weekend at our local Heritage Day, where there will be civil war reenactors, olde timey crafts, antique car show, horse drawn carriage rides, and tour of the Ross Mansion.

So here is what I started.  This is from the antique rug designed by E.S. Frost.  Barb was saying that years ago when scrolls were first done by our foremothers that they used whatever colors they had left over and that the fancy fine hooked scrolls came later with Pearl McGowan.  So the random use of complimentary colors which will repeat themselves around in random order will be the scrolls for this piece.

The background will be a soft black.  Sorry for the blur I've a doctor's appointment this morning and maybe later today I'll replace the picture with a better one.  But for now, since I'm in a hurry this will have to suffice.

Waaaahhhhhh, I want to hook.  At this particular time I don't even feel like I'm a 2 minute hooker, let alone a 10 minute hooker.  And I used to hook at least 2 to 3 hours per day. 

3 comments:

  1. Saundra, I just love this pattern and the colors you have chosen are wonderful. Would you please tell me where you got the pattern? I would love to buy one. Thank you so much, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern I have never done scrolls because the fine shaded always freaked me out a bit.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee ~ Since it is copyright free I drew it out myself and plan to offer the pattern for sale on my web site later. But before I put it on my web site would like to have a color picture of it and a color picture to include with the pattern when sold.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.