Monday, April 9, 2012

New Design on my Frame

Ah, it was good to complete another rug and I have actually starting binding it ~ I'm referring to the 2 chicken Daleview Farm design.  Uh, but I still have two rugs which need binding.  


Here is my cutie pie design that I am working on now.  


If it looks familiar to you, it should it is from that sweetie Robin.  As soon as I saw it just knew it had to be mine!  I love all the designs in that booklet but this one had to be first on my frame.  Frankly, she has several pattern booklets I want to own so go check out her blog to see all the goodies she has to offer.


Anyway, I'm having a dilemma in choosing the right background wool for this rug based on the wools I wanted for the elephant and star.  I wanted a light background and the first one I chose was too light.  Then I tried this textured wool and figured it was not only too light also, but too close in value to the star colors.  Back to the wool shelf found another textured wool but it was even closer in value to the stars.  


So back to the wool room to cut thin strips to wedge between the background and star.  BUT, in looking at this picture taken with a flash it appears the background and stars are just fine.  So now I plan to remove that narrow strip cornrowed between the backing and star and leave it alone.  Otherwise I think it will draw attention to just the stars and the eye won't move around the rug.  Yet, ye hookers know these hooked loops might be history in a day or two.  A hooker has to do what they have to do to make it satisfactory to OUR eye.


This cutie pie small piece I only enlarged to something like 11 x 14 so was hoping it would go fast.  HA!  Such is not the case.  Today I got an order for another Edward Tulane rabbit doll (thankfully I'd started the process and have some done already) PLUS an order for a rug hooking kit which was one I didn't have already prepared.  So now I'm working on the kit and will work on the ET a little each day as well.


For those of you who might not have seen my last project of Daleview Farm, here is my adaptation with 2 chickens which is on Polly Minick's pattern.  Polly does sell the two chicken kit as well.  


Again, visit Robin's blog and check out her goodies; Thank you Robin!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra !I love the wool you used for the elephant !! The texture and the color is perfect !! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest...you have a very good eye for color, I know it'll be perfect !! Thank you for the VERY kind words and plug :) for my doodle booklets !!
    I have finished my rug I was working on and made some changes and tweaking here and there andI like it...but I'm excited to start another....I even have a big 'ol callous on my middle finger, because I hold my hook like a pencil...gee, you'd think I was back in grade school when the Nuns made me write 500 times.. " I will not talk in class".....lol I had a doozy of a callous in those days....lol
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saundra ~
    I LOVE your new rug!!! I think I am going to order that booklet. It would be the PERFECT gift for my DSO!!!
    You are so productive ~ I am so envious. The hooking is done on my Auntie Peanut. Just need to add the hair and the kerchief ~ oh and maybe work on the eyes.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.