Friday, March 15, 2013

A Source for Hooking Inspiration

A post or so ago I showed pictures of inspirations for hooking rugs or for that matter any type of textile art work, whether it be applique', quilting, stitchery or needle punch.  Jenny a (a follower) inquired as to the source of those inspirations.  Most of the pictures I showed came from this book.
The title is "The Flowering of American Folk Art" and there are several listed on e-bay, Amazon and addall.com.

I've not worked much on my Big Dog today because I listed some patterns on etsy.  Thought I'd give etsy a try since it has been quite a while since listing anything there.  Perhaps tomorrow I'll give you another update.

Have a great Friday night.

Saundra

3 comments:

  1. Looks like I'll be buying that book. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be looking for that book for sure.Thanks for sharing.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I have been looking for that book since I didn't buy it at the Denver Art Museum a couple years ago, because I didn't want to have to put it in my suitcase, and could not find it since.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.