Thursday, September 17, 2026

DETERMINATION RULED

I thought I could, I thought I could.  In other words, I didn't succumb to the temptation of putting Crossed Flags aside to start Magdalena's Double Horses early.  It was steamed today and might start binding today during The Five; maybe.

Here are the other two sections already completed ~ The Golden Eagle from the center of the antique triptych rug.  
The Eagle resides on the wall in the office along with art prints and Naval documents associated with my step-father CPO E.C. Patterson.  Once Crossed Flags is steamed and bound I'll need to rearrange the wall to include one or both of the other two rugs.  
The third and right side of the original antique, The Shield, presently lives on top of the cabinet to the left where the flags are placed.
Here is a photo of the hooked but not bound Crossed Flags.
And although I've posted this numerous times before, here is the original antique Patriotic Triptych rug.
Am thinking that although I'm still very patriotic, me thinks my hooking of patriotic rugs may be done for this year.  But I've learned to never say "never".  Hope each of my hand crafty friends have enjoyed what they have been working on.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both your stick-to it-ness and a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks so good where you placed it on the wall. I knew you could finish it..and a great finish it was. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all Beautiful rugs !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you! Looks great - and, as I said, your next start will be all the sweeter. You'd be proud of me...I actually finally got my Welcome Cats rug hung on the wall. Took years (literally) to hook, then more years to bind, but only a little over a year (or has it been 2 already?) to get it on the wall. But...hope you're sitting down....I actually pulled a few loops too the past several days! (Saundra? Saundra!! Are you ok??!!! Didn't mean to shock you so!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You actually found your mojo! Welcome back Mo.

      Delete
  5. Your patriotic rugs are a real treasure. You did a great job as usual.

    I had stopped by your blog several days ago and as I was leaving a comment, a box popped up with a warning and said something to the effect that my passwords were being shared. I got concerned about some malware and exited without leaving a comment.
    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.