Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Star Chair Pad hooked

Last night I pulled the last loop on my chair pad and steamed it before going to bed.  This morning I marked about an 1" or so around the chair pad and did two rows of straight stitch and then a row of zig zag stitch to secure the edge.


As you can see I once again am being frugal and saved half of this piece for either another chair pad or purse yet to be drawn and hooked.....waste not want not.  And then I cut around the chair pad and steamed the excess to the back of the pad.  But before I even sew my cotton binding on I just had to see how it would look on my vintage stool which I sit on when working on the other computer.


Next posting will show how I bind a round rug using cotton binding tape.  I had considered whipping the edges with wool yarn but decided that I wanted binding tape plus figured it might provide a mini-lesson to those who have never bound an oval or round piece before......................to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Saundra ~
    Cute little chair pad. I look forward to seeing how you use the binding tape on a round mat. I'm never too pleased at how mine looks.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.