Saturday, October 24, 2015

Challenge Update

Hooking on this challenge rug is still slow as I'm also slowly binding Nantucket Broom Ride.  Putting in an hour a day on the binding seems like a lot and one would think it would be done by now.  Seems I can't bind and watch TV at the same time.  Anyway.....

Here is a picture of my Out of Hand Challenge rug now.  This is a picture with a flash.  And if only I'd planned several times and drawn just once there wouldn't be all those border lines.  They are very confusing to even me when I get ready to hook.  In the penny circle tree there are a couple stems which still need hooking.  
The photo below is without a flash so will be a bit more blurry but real colors are between the two photos.
 
Hard to believe in two weeks I'll leave for another short rug camp and then nothing for 6 months.  Yet there is the Challenge rug, the Sheep UFO and the camp rug.  But during the winter months hunkered in might be good and a time when lots of hooking and binding will be completed.  

Happy Saturday eve.

5 comments:

  1. I need to make a rug, I know when I start one I remember why I love it, very relaxing and I can do small ones as gifts for those who do not hook. Need to organize my wool so I can see what i have, I do have new to dye, so save that for when I need colors and i have a lot of thrifts that I can overdue, hopefully I can get it done before winter sets in.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good. When I re-draw some lines I have the same problem and I use a different permanent color Sharpie. It helps a bit.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're off to a great start. I'm sure once Broom Ride is bound you will make tremendous progress until it's time for camp.
    I do hope to start my challenge rug today.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good! I thought I had my pattern all set but today I have changed my mind completely. now to get it on linen.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra , Everything looks beautiful . I have been so busy lately. I can hardly wait til I get a chance to hook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.