Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Stash

I'm referring to both the wool and pattern stash.  Hard to believe that at one time I had a private pity party because I had no stash.  Having just taught myself to hook didn't want to spend a fortune on 'bought' wool?  Seriously?  Buy wool when you can go to the thrift shop?  Funny now because I can't wait until the wool samples arrive in the mail and swear I'm not buying any more.  Just look at this mess and it's only the tip of the iceberg.  

And do I have a stash!  See that green tote at the bottom right?
If the wool I had wasn't already enough, that wool you see crammed into the green tote was some of the wool that Linda Woodbury was giving away at Cape May one day.  So what doess a person who doesn't need any more wool do?  Well of course I bring more into the house.
In the beginning just wish I'd been a little more selective with my thrift shop buying and instead of buying flat wool (of which I have an over abundance still) wish I had known about textured wool.  Frankly I didn't understand the diversity nor how to use them until taking a class with Barb Carroll.  

Okay, so now let's talk about the pattern stash.  Those three drawers are crammed full of patterns drawn on foundation.  Several times I've downsized my pattern stash by selling on eBay but continue to buy patterns.  Right now I still have 28 patterns in the stash.
One of those patterns will be taken to my next rug camp in November and design will be kept a secret for a while.  Since there is still 3 1/2 weeks to go before camp I want to save a little something to write about later so won't mention the name yet.

Well kiddies, gotta run as I received a 'special delivery' from a special angel friend and will be ripping out wool and re-hooking some areas on Nantucket Broom Ride. Another secret until the unveiling.

Have a great evening everyone.

Saundra


12 comments:

  1. I got free wool Monday night, too. Most of it is too thick for hooking, but perfect for the applique I will do "someday"...lol!
    Going to another camp, you lucky ducky??? Is this one with Betsy? Color me jealous!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot resist wool, especially free, lol. I have to organize my stash again so I can see what i have, I know I need to start dying again and have saved wool for that. I also use it for appliqué and when I get wool that gets too thick or thin, always good for pillows.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saundra, your stash is a dream.
    I like to take my solid wool (or flat wool as you call it) and dye it in wonderful mottled shades (barely stirring the pot). At least it gives it some depth and interest !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wool stash...the pattern stash has me curious to know just what you have in those drawers! I need to start dyeing my flat wools too...mottling brings them to life...over the years I've tossed or gifted the "bad" wools...the wool swatch mailers are the best mood lifters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a big stash of wool and you're hiding your wool worms. I don't see any. Where are they. They usually multiply in the night here.

    Maybe you could give me (us) some pointers on how to use textured plaid wool. I have very little as I use mostly secondhand wool and can't find much in the thrift shops around here.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always nice to see someone else's "sickness" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea!!! Go for that second glass Saundra. I read your comment on Rugs and pugs. I'm glad you are done with the antibiotic and i hope your arm is out of danger.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll join in and hope Lauren joins in too in celebration.
      JB

      Delete
  8. amazing, to see these!
    you know, somethings just bring you joy, so it's not too much! and you do make fabulous rugs from it!
    looking forward to what you reveal in upcoming posts! hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun to see your stash - looks like you have what you need to make any size and any style of rug that comes along - how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun to see your stash. I really need to organize mine better

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have had exactly 6 hours experience rug hooking! What do you mean by textured wool? I am definitely hooked... and will put in many more hours once my quota of baby-knitting (knitting FOR babies, actually) is done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.