Friday, September 14, 2018

Something I've Never Done Before

In all the years of attending rug camps never once have I started a pattern before class.  Nor have I ever taken a rug to work on which was started in someone else's class.  But this year at Cape May I decided to start "Golden in the Garden" before camp.  This is what the original design looks like by Nola Heidbreder.
Since I wanted to change the golden retriever into a rottweiler image of my dear boy Ben thought it best to start that transition at home.  The shape of the body and face needed to re-configured.  This is what it looks like now.  I used #8.5 and #9 wool strips.
Did not have intentions to make this a realistic looking image of my boy but did want it recognized as a Rottweiler.  You can see where the belly, neck/back and legs have been changed.  The head and body are out of proportion but when I glance at this rug it will definitely remind me of my boy Ben.

In case you are wondering...... I drafted this blog post on my PC at home, saved it and plan to 'publish' it one day after arriving at Cape May.

Happy hooking and hope all your loops look perfect.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Love this pattern of your dear pups !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fantastic rug with Ben! can't wait to hear about your camp adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy hooking your change is looking great can't wait to see more.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,,, he does look like ur dog!!
    Thatsvok,, nnow thats done beaufully u can enjoy the rest,,,
    What a fun one,,,
    Lots of flower fun,
    Have a great time,, cant wait to hear,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely see the Rotti in this rug. Eager to see where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.