Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Birthday AMERICA

Usually with any special holiday, particularly a patriotic celebration there is a celebratory parade.  So my blog will participate with a parade of sorts with all things patriotic.

I will begin with a parade of Polly Minick's patterns which I've hooked.  First in line for the parade is a Boy pulling a Wagon and he is waving his flag, and pulling his loyal companion who is also showing his colors of red, white and blue.


Then off to the beach with Patriotic Sandpails where the ocean breeze and the smell of BBQ chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs is waifing thru the air.  Kids romping in the surf and others are filling their sandpails with sand to make sand castles.


A parade wouldn't be a parade without a show of the men in uniform who protect, honor and serve the flag and the people.  (This Uncle Sam is a creation of mine).

And of course standing beside the men is always a proud wife, mother or other family member.  (these dolls are also my creation)


Also on the parade route are usually always animals and we happen to have a bear joining in the festivities.  (Bear, hat and primitive flag made by me)  For the life of me I cannot get this to stand right side up....sorry.


One of the gorgeous floats was a perfect size Sam's Hat and Stars depicting the stars of the Canton and the stripes of the flag and displayed in almost fireworks delight.

What would a parade be without a queen and her companion all decked out in their patriotic finery.  (patterns by Veenas Mercantile)



So again I say Happy Birthday to and may God Bless America.....we love you and our red white and blue.



May you all have a fun-filled, safe and happy holiday weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra, What a great Parade I loved it!!!!! Cheri Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Americana. Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saundra ~
    What a wonderful post. I love the rugs! You are so very talented. LOVE that bear and Uncle Sam and all your other creations!!! WOWZA!
    * * * GOD BLESS AMERICA ~ Land that I LOVE * * *
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.