Saturday, July 15, 2017

Yup, More of My Hooked Rugs

Below is a design by Woolley Fox and a FUN rug to hook. It is called Oh Deer and hooked it in class with Barb Carroll.  I'm sure you see the signature Barb purple in the piece.
That year I also hooked Big Dog Hollow offered by Kathy of Briarwood Folk Art.  She wanted my E.S. Frost Sheep pattern and asked if there was a pattern of hers I wanted as a trade.  So I chose this one which is an antique adaptation.
Another fun rug to hook was Lucille Festa's Long Island Farmhouse. That condor on top of the house just makes my day, it hangs in my living room where I see it daily while hooking other projects.
Hey, you notice a theme where every rug is a fun rug for me to hook?  It really does make me happy to pull loops each day.   And sometimes between projects I just need something small to do, particularly if it uses up wool worms/noodles.  So on one of Karen Kahle's blog posts noticed a spiral chair pad she was working on so drew one up....love it!
The Henny Penny pattern by Woolley Fox had been in my stash for quite a while and figured it was time to hook it.  That lighter background is Irish Eyes, a wool offered by Heavens To Betsy.  It is also the wool Being used for the background of Gossip.  If you like it contact Betsy to see if she has more left, it is a great wool and reversible values.
Fall will be soon coming even tho it is hot as hades in Delaware. So you may want to hook this handsome fella.  It is a design by Barb Carroll and was a free pattern in the September/October 1997 issue of Rug Hooking Magazine.  Of course I put in the signature Barb purple where I could.  Am looking forward to putting this beauty out this fall.
Okay guys and gals, it's time for me to pull a few loops on Gossip and enjoy a glass of pinot noir.  Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.  

Saundra


6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy seeing your rugs and the colors you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There, I think I'm caught up with viewing your hooked rugs. Wow, there a lot.
    Thanks for the show.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saundra,
    You are a one woman hooking machine!!! Love these rugs, too!!! You amaze me!!!
    Thanks for sharing another great installment of your wonderful rugs~
    Oh, and it is hotter than Hades here, as well!!
    Stay cool!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mats! You are a hooking machine,,, and most not small,, I did that chairpad, too,, and it was fun,,,,
    Take care,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your version of Henny Penny...a rug I've always wanted to hook...never saw Long Island Farmhouse before, perfect all around...these installments of your hooking keep inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do adore your Jack, but the spiral is delightful. Bet it was fun to hook. I remember when Karen was working on hers. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.