Monday, October 22, 2018

Nantucket Broom Ride

Thought I'd share another of my favorite Halloween hooked pieces as I switch them out every couple days.  This is a design by Lori Brechlin and offered in pattern form by Spruce Ridge Studios.  I hooked it in a class with Kris Miller at Cape May a couple years ago.
Below is a photo of the rug on my harvest table with the paper mache' Jack-O-Lantern I made.  To match the theme of the houses in the rug I added a couple birdhouses made by Jack Riehl.  He uses remnants of the Victorian Chalfonte Hotel to build them.  
Received the new floor lamp already and it is working like a charm.  First thing gathered for rug camp.

Saundra

10 comments:

  1. every time I see that rug I want to hook it but my stack of patterns is higher than a sheep's eye. I can not purchase another pattern
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birdhouses are just perfect with the rug and how special they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful rug, love the pattern and your version. Looks beautiful on the table.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this mat,,,,
    Always have,,, but have so many patterns!!
    Nice display,,,
    Glad u got ur light,,,
    Now the fun begins!,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this rug pattern too !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    I also love this rug and your amazing jack and those special birdhouses make it the perfect display!!
    Happy to hear you received your new lamp and that it is all ready for camp!!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always so happy to see your rendition of this design my friend....perfect hooking, perfect colors ~ and you know how I feel about that paper mache jack 🤗🖤
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated hello and I know my houses are pleased to be included with your beautiful creations...hope to see you at the Chalfonte again!
    Best, Jack Riehl, Riehl Birdhouses, March 2023

    ReplyDelete
  9. Riehl Birdhouses continue on! If you have been to the Chalfonte. the Dining Room flooring - original to the hotel since the 1890's - was replaced last Spring (2022) and I salvaged some boards making Magnolia Room Series aiming for 100 houses in the Series. Not sure if any will still be here when the Hookers return! Jack Riehl, July, 2023

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.