Heated up the pits in water over and over since the previous attempt to get flesh tone. Then realized there might be some pinky flesh liquid left from a flesh dye for Polly. Did that when she was hooking and it turned out too pink and saved the liquid. So put two tablespoons of it in the pot with the avocado liquid and here is outcome from THIRD and FINAL try.
And the first attempt.
There was incremental progress after each attempt but baby I'm over the avocado thing. Even if I decide not to hook 3 Cousins in April at least I've a nice mellow flesh tone.
Last Sunday I spent several hours photographing Icelandic Lopi and a few patterns to list on eBay. Yesterday I spent a few hours taking more photos and listing composition doll heads, doll pattern, vintage feed sacks and quilt patterns. If nothing sells all that just might take a trip to the thrift shop.
Today think I'll do some sketching for the potential next project. No, haven't decided what is next yet. Still have one corner of Winter Bloom to hook and the remainder of Friendship Bells to bind.