Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Vintage Rug Show

Below is a rug hooked 1887 with initials AK on one side and CN or is that a W on the other.  Looks in pretty darn good shape for the age.  Wish I'd age that well.
This next rug, a floral with primitive scrolls, has an odd shape center which is off square.  It was hooked 1920 and comes from New England area, it hasn't aged as well as the rug above.
For Kelley, here is a rug of colorful kittens which was said to come from the Mennonite community.  It was hooked with fabric and yarn and the auction site said the glass button eyes had been removed.
Here are some ducks getting into the action now, Ducks and Cattails said to be hooked around 1900.
The Roosters, Flowers and Hearts rug was hooked 1890.  The hearts must indicate they were their prize roosters.
I find this one a sweet rug with a dog and cat ~ is hard to identify the cat at first.  The rug was hooked 1900 and she used what she had.
I should be pulling loops on my whale rug because I'm determined to finish it in 2019.  Plus, am anxious to start the giveaway I won from Cathy of Acorn Hollow.  Still have Christmas gifts to wrap too, but am getting ready to go pull loops now. 

Saundra



5 comments:

  1. Wow! The 1887 rug sure has aged well. Beautiful. Also, I like the ducks. Haven't seen many duck rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not usually a scroll person but I do like that one.
    wrapping all on Sunday let Christmas begin!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first rug is my favorite of these. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. These mats are so fun,,
    Thanks for showing us!
    And all year for ur great blog, saundra!
    Have a very merry christmas,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    I sure do love that first rug, too!!! Love those colors!!!
    Thanks for sharing, as always!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.