Wednesday, October 9, 2024

MISC CHIT CHAT

The range was delivered yesterday and I took it on a test run with baked chicken breast.  Interesting was the digital temp/timer/clock alerted me every increase in temp to the designated temperature.  Seems it does take the oven a tad longer to reach optimum temperature and probably does so for the burners.  But I can learn to adapt ~ at least everything works now.

In the past I've purchased an extended warranty on my appliances and chose to not do that this time.  Frankly I never had to call anyone for repairs during the 27 years I had the previous range.  It seemed cheap enough tho at $130 for a 5 year warranty.  I still have a couple days to change my mind but would be interested in what YOU would have done and what you normally do.

Okay, as promised here is an update on the Giant Flower (20.5 x 35).
Must admit I'm getting a little bored with it.  But maybe since I'll be moving onto the leaves and other small colorful flowers it will be more fun.  Below is a picture of the original antique.
In other mundane news...I had the flu shot today and was asked if I wanted the Covid shot and said "No".  Tomorrow I will continue to yank out more vinca minor and it won't be all out during my lifetime.  But at least I'm working on it one section of roots at a time.

And to buy range warranty or not to buy, that is the question.
Praying for those in the wake of hurricane Milton's wrath.  

Saundra


1 comment:

  1. Giant Flower is looking gooood!! Reminds me of a hot air balloon and that makes me smile. As for the warranty....I almost never get them. If it's a lemon, you'll usually know sooner rather than later and will fall under the regular manufacturer warranty. Beyond that, there always seems to be some exclusion in those extended warranty that eludes coverage. Rule of thumb: If you think you'd be able to afford to replace it without the warranty, skip it. You might not LIKE paying to replace it but that's not the issue. (Today I bought a little battery-operated toy for Mia for Christmas for $25 and they wanted to sell me a 2-yr warranty. Seriously?) The only exception I made was for my new pc...I seem to have exceptionally horrendous luck with pc's so, in a weak moment, I said yes. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.