Friday, October 11, 2024

OLD RUGS

Here are a few rugs you may not have seen.  Actually it is the first time I ever heard of a "ravel rug".  A Shaker ravel rug is done by sewing knitted sections on a foundation then unravelling the unsewn parts.  This one measures 33 x 37, was found in Canterbury, NH but no date provided.
Petite flowers  and leaves mid 20th century so not really considered an antique yet, I don't think.  
lion hooked late 19th to early 20th century measuring 16 x 28.
An oval floral dated 1900's.
A geometric from the Robert L. Pfannebecker collection.
A horse rug listed on Bidsquare and have no date or dimensions.
Apparently a family rug with everyone's initials and a date of 
1893.  Dimensions of rug is 35.5 x 36.5.
I know someone who reads my blog isn't fond of ducks, so sorry about the following rug.  Said to be hooked early 20th century. 
A naïve landscape with dog, no date provided.  Reminds me of a child's drawing.
S
orry there isn't anything breathtaking here for you to see and am hoping there will be more for me to find on the internet for future shows.  Meanwhile, make your own beauty with your hands and wool ~ happy hooking.

Saundra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.