Saturday, October 5, 2024

A HAPPY SURPISE

Regular readers know I love homemade soup and make a lot of it during cool weather.  I normally make a big pot as I enjoy leftovers and don't mind  having soup for lunch then again that night for dinner.  There's usually enough for me to freeze 2 meals for later.  This afternoon I pulled a container of soup out of the freezer and checked to see what my dinner would be.  OH BOY!  It is Moroccan Sweet Potato Soup with all the tasty and healthy detox spices.  If you are interested in seeing the recipe you can check it out HERE.  BTW, I didn't use a crock pot, just cooked it on my range top.

When this house was built I made some very bad plant choices, one of which was vinca minor (periwinkle).  For the longest time it seemed it would never grow and now it is out of control.  Weeks ago I started digging it out of the ground along the driveway and worked a little more today but have a lot more to do in order to get it under control.

And because a blog post should have a photo or three, here are a few rugs to show you.  Said to be hooked early 20th century is blocks of images of ships, spinning wheels, flora, etc. 
For feline lovers is a rug with 13 cats hooked on burlap and dated between 1920-40.
The canine folks will enjoy the dog and pup rug and no other information was provided, just the picture from an auction.
And for horse lovers like me, one which seems like a free range mustang; again, no other info provided.
Happy hooking and pray those in North Carolina, Georgia and others devastated by Helene will get major help soon.  I feel guilty sitting here talking about the frozen soup which will be my dinner tonight when those folks don't even have a bed to sleep in or know where their meal or water will come from ~ God less them all.

Saundra

2 comments:

  1. I love soup too...homemade soup that is. But I'll pass on the sweet potato detox LOL. Love that cat rug...quite the artist whoever designed/hooked that. All the poses are so very realistic and I actually really like the color palette as well. I tried to do a little outdoor chores yesterday (still watering believe it or not) but it was so windy I gave up. Prayers continuing for those suffering in Helene's wake. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homemade soup during the Winter. We will enjoy some soon once the weather gets colder here. Those rugs are so cool. The cat one is so interesting. I got rid of my vinca vine years ago for the same reason. The flower basket rug was one I hooked years ago. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.