Thursday, October 17, 2024

FINALLY BOUND

Dog with Basket finally got bound.  It was color planned by Lucille Festa at Rugs by the Sea in Cape May this past September.
In other news...an acquaintance asked me if I would repair an old rug her grandmother hooked.  Told her I'd have to see the rug first to see how big the repair was and see the type foundation.  Explained that with age burlap gets very brittle and any manipulation of the rug could cause more damage so wouldn't get involved in that.

Tuesday she came over with said rug.  Turns out it was hooked with wool yarn on what appeared to be rug warp.  You can see the areas needing repair in the photo below at the top and to the lower right.  I explained that I use wool fabric and she said she didn't care if it was fabric or yarn, she just wanted to save the rug.
In the photo below you can see I repaired some at the top but the very edge was too fragile to deal with and she said that section was placed under the bed anyway.  Still have to deal with the little empty spot on the lower right.
Seems I successfully repaired that spot using the hanging wool yarn below the rug.  And told her not to pass the word around that I repaired her grandmother's rug as I don't want more offers, lol.
Yesterday I was forced to turn on the heat as it was too cold in the house.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be a normal temp of close to 70 so will turn off the heat and open the windows.  But that too will be short-lived as winter is inevitable. 

Now back to hooking on the Giant Flower.  What is on your frame?

Saundra

S

2 comments:

  1. Oh I bet she appreciated that but it is a dirty job.
    I really like your dog job well done as always.
    WE have been frosty and I had turn the heat on. I had the fireplace going last night.
    But we are suppose to go into the 70s starting tomorrow.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dog rug, great design and color choices. The antique rug reminds me of ones my grandmother did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.