Sunday, October 20, 2013

Love Domestic Zoo

In September I attended Rugs by the Sea at Cape May the first week of classes and friend Joan Strausbaugh went the second week.  Joan was kind enough to share pictures from the rug show that I wasn't able to see.  Among the photos was Domestic Zoo.  For those of you who may not be aware, it is a design attributed to Magdalena Briner Eby and hooked around 1881.  This is the one on display at Cape May the week she was there.
I have hooked the runner myself and even tho it was a long runner it was fun since there are so many elements which can be hooked quickly and then move on to the other, so it seems to go fast. 

The label is not legible and cannot read it and Joan didn't recall who hooked it.  So if anyone knows who hooked this beauty and entered it in the rug show I'd love to know so that I can put a name on the picture. 

Don't you just love all the colors of the varied and fun motifs throughout?  I know primitives aren't for everyone but the first time I saw a picture of this rug knew that I was destined to hook it.

Whoever hooked it did a great job and would love to hear from her/him.  Something I found interesting and fun is the black arrow pointing to the snake.  FUN!

Thanks for dropping by and enjoy your Sunday.

Saundra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.