Monday, October 19, 2015

Almost Done

Even tho I have pulled loops and re-hooked areas this has been a fun, fun rug to work on.  Obviously it WILL be ready to put on my harvest table in time for Halloween but it doesn't really scream Halloween so am thinking of hanging it on my wall to enjoy year round.  Hey, it's my house and may as well surround myself with things I enjoy, right?
There are a few small things I want to tweak yet.  The witch's bottom foot needs defining to look like a foot instead of a curve; the hat brim in the back needs a smidgen of extension and outlined better, the pretty witch wants a softer lip color and the black defining line in the left arm needs a little organization.  Other than that, steaming and binding and it is DONE.

Again, if you would like to hook this project, it is a design offered by Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios based on the art work of Lori Brechlin.  I'm sure you will get as much enjoyment hooking it as I have.

Happy Monday to you all.

Saundra


4 comments:

  1. The rug is coming out beautifully, everything has nice contrast without popping out at you.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and full of whimsy !
    Love the soft shading in the whale.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you taking any time to sleep? You are really getting picky with this one so I think you should have it hanging on the wall year round like you said.

    It's looking might good as it.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.