Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Another Update on Nantucket Broom Ride

As I'm participating in the Out of Hand Rug Hookers Challenge finishing this rug is critical. Besides, I'd like to have it on my harvest table in time for Halloween.

Working from the bottom up toward the goode witch, all of my motifs at the bottom have been hooked.  Must say it does look better with the mustard tree to the far left so the eyes will circle the rug (thanks Lynne).  Since the original tree was shaped like a stick pine tree I had to change the design a smidgen to make it look like a regular tree without leaves.
So later this week I should be ready to tweak the goode witch who is having such fun riding the whale all over Nantucket.  If you would like to purchase this pattern it is based on the art work of Lori Brechlin and offered by Spruce Ridge Studios.

Arm still healing and will be done with antibiotics on Friday.  Earlier today I had a chill thinking about how I'd put myself in a real medical crisis by not seeing a doctor when the horrible bruise first happened.  I didn't go until I was in excruciating pain 10 days later.  More than likely the cellulitis had developed early and I waited and put my life in jeopardy.  Cellulitis doesn't sound so critical, but it is; it is a potentially deadly illness and was very foolish to not have gone to a doctor with the red swollen bruise right away.

Have a good evening everyone.

Saundra


3 comments:

  1. Well, I am so happy the cellulitis didn't develop in to something worse. I will keep that in mind. Hell getting older, isn't it?
    Oh, that is a magnificent rug. You will be working on your challenge rug in no time. What am I doing instead of working on my challenge rug? Hooking sunflowers :)
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of your houses. I am working on my challenge rug but I should have asked for advise before I drew out my pattern. I have always hooked in an 8. I did not enlarge my motifs and so I am having to cut the 8's in two to hook the details. Eyes and windows etc. Well I guess I learned a new lesson in hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it is coming along.
    I love the tree too!

    So very thankful you are healing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.