Saturday, June 4, 2011

Frost Sheep Pattern

I've had precious little time to hook on my E.S. Frost Sheep because of life getting in the way and two special orders for 36" Edward Tulane rabbits.  They are inspired by the book entitled The Misadventures of Edward Tulane.  I was first asked to design one about 4 years ago and have since sold a few of them.  Anyway, on to my Sheep pattern.

My intentions were to hold off taking any pictures and posting until I'd managed to get all of the scrolls hooked and more of the sheep.  But, who knows how long it will take for me to reach that goal.  Normally I'm a rather fast hooker ~ uh, because I would hook a lot more during the day than I've been doing lately.

Anyway, the picture is a little dark here, but then the next picture looks brighter than normal and doesn't give the piece justice either.  But hey, I'll post it anyway.
Well, like I told you.... doesn't do it justice.

Guess I won't get any more hooked on this today either because I've got to start getting ready to attend a wedding and won't be able to pull more loops until later this evening.  And, I really wanted to share my scary day yesterday.

I live in a wooded area and my property alone, is close to 8 acres in a community which is mostly all wooded properties.  Unfortunately there is some underbrush, particularly since the bad wind storms and felled trees during the heavy snows this past winter.  Delaware is having a bad drought which makes for a very bad fire hazard. 

I get furious when I see smokers toss out lit cigarettes from their cars.  They may think it is falling on the road but a spark could lift off and ignite blades of grass in a flash. 

So, just beside the development is a field where the farmer had just harvested his hay.  Perhaps it was even his own vehicle's hot exhaust or muffler which cause the fire, I don't know.  The field went up in flames.  Today I went out and took a couple pictures.

The first picture shows a speck of white in the background toward the left hand side.  That is a white pick-up truck and the area that burned is all the way back to there, right beside the woods.  My house is just beyond that track of woods and at some areas when I'm doing my walk can see the field easily between the trees and in others it is thick. 

The next picture just shows that it was spread wide and long.  Suffice it to say that if the fire had gotten to the woods many of us would be homeless right now. Thank God and the Seaford Volunteer Fire Dept. Gonna make a donation to the SVFD for sure!!!!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Scary! Arizona has so many wildfires happening right now all around the state. Glad I am leaving for home in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a picture of one of your Edward Tulane rabbits! It is one of our family's favorite books and I still cry everytime I read it.
    :)Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary, indeed! I'm glad the fire dept. got it under control! Love your sheep!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saundra ~
    LOVE the Frost sheep rug. It is almost impossible to capture the true colors in a rug!
    Very scary!!! I am happy to hear that it was brought under control with no damage.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.