Friday, November 18, 2011

Must Move On, but first.......

I just had to start hooking some on the border and take one last picture of the rug before putting it aside so the other projects can get worked on, or at least started.  As I mentioned previously, there is a Santa waiting to be finished and must start the Santa mat for my daughter-in-love.  Must say that my son couldn't have a nicer, sweeter wife even if I'd been doing the interviewing myself.  Anyway.....


In the process of hooking this border I learned that since the dimensions of my rug are a smidgen smaller than the original rug it will require me to cornrow a more narrow strip of wool in the triangles in order to get the colors I want, since I want it somewhat similar to the original in color but am still taking some creative license here and there. 

Both triangles will be re-worked so that the one on the left has a more narrow light strip which will match the one to it's right.  However, the right triangle will need to come out too so that the light strip doesn't look so packed in.  But at least I know what the plan will be when I get back to hooking this. 

But before I can even start hooking on my DIL's snowman mat I'll need to clean up my hooking area around the sofa.  OMG, what a mess.  There's strips on the sofa arm, wool strips in baggies to the left and right of me, wool stuffed in the sections of the woven basket.  I just hate switching from one project to the other.  It is bad enough when one rug is done and you can put away all the wool, but when you have more than one project going on at the same time it is total chaos in my house.

Well, guess I better just grab the bull by the horns and go for it.  Ta ta for now.

3 comments:

  1. This time of year there is so much to do.Ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. *****it looks great...the colors are very pleasing, but the eyes are
    rather strange. keep hooking and reevaluate them at the end. one of the best ways to hook an eye is to pull up the first tail, hook you next loop and go back to the original entry and hook back into the space. this will give you a very firm loop and hook around it. this will decrease the amount of eye space that you have given the sheep and soften the face. first, just finish the remainder and remember that if you use a kitchen timer every day...set it for fifteen minutes and before you know it the rug willbe done and you can still work on all other projects. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saundra ~
    What a great compliment you have given your d-i-l. How lucky that your son chose such a wonderful woman!
    I'm lovin' your sheep rug.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren
    Congrats on 100 followers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.