Sunday, February 26, 2012

American Summer

Man oh man, was Lauren right when she said this book is a 'must have'.  I received my copy in yesterday's mail and have been going thru the book over and over trying to decide what design I want to hook.  


There are 12 rug hooking patterns to enlarge including the July 4th Parade so it does include the boy pulling the dog in the wagon along with a kid on a bike and one pushing a wheelbarrow ~ oh so adorable.  There is also a mermaid pattern, a big fish, Moby Dick, a game board, lighthouse, bathing beauties, vintage swimsuit, just to name a few.


There is so much to look at that I have to keep  going thru the book to look again because it seems I see something new each time I peruse it.  The photography is wonderful with beach scenes and stores, which I think are probably in Nantucket.


Oh, there is also a section on rug hooking basics and a how to on binding.  There are are also two quilt designs and a handy dandy tote pattern.  At the back of the book there is a wonderful article about Polly's passion of helping the wounded Marines.  If you would like to learn more about this program and how it helps families, check out www.semperfifund.org


All I can say is you better hurry and get your copy before they are all gone.  Here is a link to contact Polly for your copy.  http://www.minickandsimpson.com/

5 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra, I have one of her book and it was great plus I saw her rugs when they were at the Country Loft which was great!Hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have all Polly's (and Laurie's books). I love them all.....but......this is my very favorite. The girls just OUTDID themselves!!!!!!!
    I need to HOOK FASTER!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.