Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rug on the Frame

This is the rug I started at Woolley Fox with the magnificently talented Barb Carroll. Since coming home there's not been a whole lot more hooked on it since life has a way of interrupting, but frankly I'd rather just be hooking.  Anyway, this is how my present rug on the frame looks now.  As previously mentioned It is an adaptation of a yarn sewn and chenille sheered rug made in 1840 with a braided edge.
I've got a couple other projects which have been started that need my attention to but want to keep working on this rug.  And I also have a show in July which means that more dolls need to be finished, yet again I want to keep hooking on this rug.


I've just written to my other gal pals asking that they send me the pictures they took at camp as well as an update on their rugs so hopefully I'll be able to post more of our journey at this year's camp at Barb's.  So stay tuned to see what is posted next.

4 comments:

  1. You will get it done, it is wonderful already. Hope to see your other projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saundra ~
    What a wonderful rug!
    I hope your gal pals send more pics for you to share!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! wish i knew how to hook. denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.