Wednesday, August 28, 2024

OOPS, IT'S POST DAY

The day fast forwarded and just now realized it's time for me to do a blog post.  The easiest thing for me to do right now is a 'rug show' and I'm still looking for the new shiny penny, lol.  In other words, my next new project to put on my frame .

A grid geometric with dimensions of 31.5 x 52.  That grid is easy to and the design is in public domain so you can draw whatever size you desire.
Here is another hooked variance of the same shape.  Isn't it interesting to see how color and hooking style changes the look?
Here is the grid for those interested.
A cat and squirrel dated 1899 and located in the Hagley museum (22.5 x 45.5).  Can't tell exactly what is attached to the ends but guess it was someone's version of tassels back then.

Here is a vivid colorful floral circa 1900 measuring 20 x 38.5.  Or at least that is what the auction house said.  Hey, I didn't see it in person or touch it but it does seem a little far fetched for me to think those colors would be so strong now or even available back in the day.
Deer and flowers said to be hooked late 19th to early 20th century.   I'd be tempted if I hadn't already hooked several deer.  Now horses are another thing, lol.
Something different I found is this jacquard coverlet from 19th century.  Would make a nice rug.
Rug inspirations are everywhere, even this stitched potholder of which I have no date.
Sold 4 of the 5 patterns listed on FB Buy and Sell today so it was a good day sitting in the chair in front of the PC and reduced my pattern stash.

Saundra


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you don't have your next project all planned out!
    Congrats on selling 4 of your 5 patterns...and you didn't think any would sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These mats are awesome,,,
    Love so many of them,,,,,thank you,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rug does look to vibrant to be that old...but I do love it and the colors. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely in love with those crows!!! Yay on the destash! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.