Wednesday, August 7, 2024

RUG EYE CANDY

Need some inspiration to get your rug hooking mojo back?  Hardly do I ever lose my hooking mojo but do get bored sometimes so that's when it is time to look for the 'plus one'.  Nothing rejuvenates me more than looking at rugs for inspiration.  No date or dimensions on this first rug.
The next picture isn't a hooked rug but surely would make a good naïve and primitive one.  It is artwork on a box.  Cool eh?
I sorta like the berry bush rug below but would probably get bored real quick and need the plus one before this was done.
A rug with tulips said to be hooked around 1930 and measures 
15 x 23.
Another rug with tulips but in pastels.  No date provided but measures 12 x 28.  
I like the red version above  best. 
A Victorian floral (36 x 72) dated 1850-1899.  Would look great if you wanted to try a real wide cut or hand torn.  I can see Jo or her cohorts hooking it.
Here's one which has been on my to do list and which might make the cut soon ~ that is unless I change my mind.  Fickle, ya know.  North East Auctions gave it a date of 1845.
GOD BLESS AMERICA has been on my list to hook forever.  And in this political climate it sure would be appropriate.  And lest I forget to say ... God Bless and protect President Trump.
Debby's rain hasn't started here YET but it is SO humid.  And just like that I hear raindrops ~ Debby's wrath may be on its way.

Happy hooking and happy hump day to you worker bees.  

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. Of course God Bless America tops the list. Our Country needs all the help it can get with all the lies and fake news being spread about Trump. People need to do their homework and not just listen to mainstream media.
    We did not get the wrath of Debby, but had hellacious thunderstorms come through late yesterday afternoon. Many trees and branches snapped, power lines down and just a mess. A tree fell near our beloved eagles' nest and took out a park gazebo, but am so thankful our eagles' nest survived. I was without power for only about 5 hours and was so thankful when it was restored. Our electric provider did an amazing job. Thanks, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you stay safe from the storm! Great rug show as usual.
    We are supposed to get parts of that storm Friday night into Saturday. Today is glorious. The first nice day we have had in some time it has either been to hot and humid or rain.
    Great rug show as always.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE that house and tree on the box!!! Stay safe and dry Mummy D. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rug shows are always Fun ....some really neat ones !
    Hope you don't get your lake back ! Stay safe & cozy hooking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favs are the Victorian floral and God Bless America. Hoping no rain comes your way again. The downpours we had yesterday made some of the roads a bit tricky to drive home in. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it cools down ,,,after rain,,, ☔ sweet mats,,,love the houses !!and tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first rug on the top caught my eye! ~ always fun to see your rug shows, and this one is full of eye candy as you said! God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.