Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Nantucket Broom Ride All Hooked

Yippee!  It is all hooked and have already started the process of binding. So tonight I'll enjoy (try to enjoy) the slow steady process of binding this wonderful rug.  Here is a picture of it with the binding tape tucked under the rug.  Isn't it cute as the dickens?????
Thank you Lori Brechlin for your art work to create a design so Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios can offer this as a rug pattern.

I'm using both black binding tape and yarn on the outer edge.  Here is one view from the back and the yarn encroaches about 1/4" into the outer edge of the cotton binding.
Below is a side view, if the edges of color show up when the rug is placed on my table that will be okay as the variegated colors will blend nicely with the rest of the rug.  But doubt it will show.  Once bound I'll give you another look so you can see what it looks like from the top view and the bottom view.
As mentioned previously, my plans are to take it easy and just work on the binding of this rug but doubt it will be finished tonight.  So again over morning coffee will continue.  But in the afternoon will pick up my Out Of Hand Rug Hookers Challenge Rug and work on that.

Thanks to you new followers!!!!!!  Welcome aboard ~ if any of you are newbies and have any questions, check out the search engine at the top left of my blog.  There is an empty space at the top left and if you type in common words like 'hooking frames' or 'hooking foundation', etc.  If I've written about it before those posts should pop up.  BUT, if that doesn't work and you still have a question I'll be happy to try and help.

Trust me when I say I'm no expert as I struggle with my hooking, question my color choices and have pulled out loops and rehooked motifs numerous times before.

Have a great evening everyone.

Saundra

13 comments:

  1. You hooked that in a big hurry!!!
    Love it.
    I have a question. When you hooked the whale teeth, did you hook each individually or did you carry the wool to the next tooth?
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hooked that rug so fast and you did a magnificent job. I just wish I was a disciplined as yo to bind my rugs. I'm a hopeless case.


    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saundra,
    It is absolutely fantastic!!! I know you will enjoy displaying it in your home!! Thanks for sharing your hooking journey!! It helps to know that even experienced hookers find things challenging!! Guess it is all about learning and growing, yes?
    Hope you enjoy binding that beauty!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it came out and that is a really nice border finish. I tend to be lazy and just whip stitch yarn, need to finish better so they don't fall apart with use.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's wonderful! The little witch looks perfect!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a beauty!! Really loving this piece Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy rug...all your changes are perfect...love the variegated binding...can't wait to see what's next...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the variegated yarn for the whipped edge - it will add a lot to your finished rug - which is already so fun it should be illegal! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been watching your progress on this rug piece. It is a unique design and you have done it well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.