Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Change of Activity

As I'm so close finishing Out of Garden have decided not to hook tonight but instead work binding on the Red Lion.  AND, also decided to pry the rug hook from my hand for a day to tackle a new challenge.

Jo Wick posted a photo of her beautiful Merry Christmas wool applique on Out of Hand Rughookers.  It is a wonderful display on her table ~ the Santa and silver feather tree also caught my eye. 
Ah ha!  I have some silver stems and could make my own shiny feather tree.....maybe.  It wouldn't be as nice as Jo's and wouldn't have that wonderful wool applique with it.  But, maybe making a silver feather tree would be the impetus to challenge me to a different craft than rug hooking if only briefly.

The stems look silver and gold in the photo below compared to the roll of silver trim. Yet, they would be the makings of my feather tree IF it comes to fruition.
Below are the two containers found in my attic and decided the taller crock would be too big so will go with the whiter and shorter pot.
Since that hook is out of my hand temporarily, guess I'd better go work on the Red Lion's binding.  

Sure hope I've something to show you tomorrow in the way of a bound rug or a feather tree.

Happy December 1st.  Can't believe it is December AGAIN.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. It will be fun to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saundra,
    I'm also excited to see your creative hands at work!! Inspiration is everywhere and it will be a new treasure for you!!! Happy Creating!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hands are never idle so I'm looking forward to see what you created overnight.
    I'm back at blogging and I've lost all my bloglovin feed so I have to find everyone through other people's blogs tonight. I did my first post since April 20th of this year. I'm trying to bring back some normalcy in my life. It looks like my Bloglovin is Broken. I tried to find my followers and it says I have 47 but it doesn't show anyone.

    HUgs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that tree, what a fun idea for a simple prim tree, can't wait to see how it comes out and you have to explain how you did it. I have green chenille, wonder how that would work, but I will have to look for antique gold and silver next time.


    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man! I have some shiny green trim that would make a great little tree too...looking forward to seeing yours...the applique piece is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the feather tree. I made a wool one several years ago. Glad I have it but no desire to do more. What a lovely wool appliqué runner!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.