Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Christmas Card Hoax

Unfortunately it appears that Evelyn and I, and perhaps even others who read that note at her local store, have been bitten by a HOAX.  A comment was left on the previous message about Max so I did my own investigation and the hoax was verified.  Here is the link if you wish to read it.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=1567145

While the million cards did seem unreasonable I figured the 8 year old child really had no concept of the quantity but the sound of a million rolled off his tongue for a round number.  Now, perhaps there is a Max, Maxine, a Sue, Jane or John who was recently diagnosed with leukemia but we don't know to whom or where to write.

I had thought about removing the entire previous post but thought perhaps others should know what the hoax was about so they don't fall for it also.

I apologize for pulling on your heartstrings on a hoax which has been around a few years.  My heart was in the right place, I've addressed the envelope but didn't waste a stamp as it hasn't been mailed yet.  Had it not been for the comment on my post by beadbugbit, I'd never have checked out Snopes for myself. 

But, for a ray of sunshine, just wait until you see my posting for tomorrow when I show you what my girlfriend Shari just made for a customer.  But that will wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.