Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve


Back in the day I'd be laying out my special party clothing in anticipation of an exciting party night to welcome in the new year.  I'd have already been out shopping to get something new for evening wear so that I would feel like a million dollars when I stepped outside the house.  Those days are gone, as I enjoy a more tranquil evening now rather than shouting above the music and multiple other conversations twirling about in the bar/restaurant.



I'm not that crazy about the bubbly any more either, as I still remember having one or two too many Champagne cocktails when I was in my 30's; so champagne isn't my fondest beverage of my youth. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll certainly have a glass or two of wine and maybe even snack on some cheese and crackers.  Wow, sounds like a wild woman, huh?  har har

So when midnight arrives and the ball is dropped in New York City with the countdown, I will welcome in the new year behind closed eye lids.  So to all my friends, whether you go out or stay in, I hope each and every one of you has a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.