Sunday, December 18, 2011

Please Send A Card to Max

I received an email from my friend Evelyn Lawrence (the same woman who hooked all the Magdalena rugs and co-authored the book about Magdalena and her rugs). This was her message:

"This morning at our local store there was a hand lettered note about someone's aunt, a pediatric nurse. Seems this 8 year old has just been diagnosed with leukemia and all he wants for Christmas is to receive a million cards. Can you put this on your site and let's see how many we can all get there."Vintage little boy Christmas angel ringing a bell

So in the spirit of Christmas, to bring a little joy and put a smile on Max and family during this holiday season let's all send him a card.  I'm sure he and family would briefly forget their recent depressing news to open the cards, read any messages and see the various states the cards come from.  I have already addressed my card and have written a note to Max from me and my rottie Ben.  Here is the address:

MAX
Ruby Memorial
Attn: West/Max
1 Medical Center Drive
Morgantown, WV 26506-8110


Thanks for helping fulfill a request from a sick child and may you have a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.