Friday, December 30, 2011

The Sheep is back

There's been a lot of switching of rugs on my hooking frame lately.  My daughter-in-love was very pleased to get her Snowman mat for Christmas (along with other gifts), my Sincerely Jane Rug is now close to completion, and my other E.S. Frost Sheep rug is back on the frame for it's finish.  Or at least I HOPE it is going to be finished soon.

I've contemplated, reconsidered, pulled out and replaced wool in certain areas as I questioned the rug colors.  All the while I realized that 'she' would have used what she had to hook this rug.  Yet I still questioned.  Here it is now and I sure do hope to make more progress during the New Year weekend while watching TV and relaxing.


A friend of mine asked me what wool I used for the sheep in this rug and told her it was a men's wool suit jacket.  Of course it was washed before introducing that wool to my other wool.  But there is something about the wearing of the suit, cleaning and worn in the sun which gives it a nice patina.  And then it makes it way to my rug after it is machine washed, dried and cut.

I'm planning on making at least one more post before the new year.  BUT, if that doesn't happen..... may you all have a very Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.