Any of you guys or gals growing up in the 50's know how that song went. And guess you know that is the lead into showing the update on Magdalena's Lollipop Bouquet.
Well, you know I had to do it.... I did have to pull out a few neutral strips and enlarged some of the circles in the top row. Not sure how much difference it really makes but here is what the rug looks like now. And I can tell you right now the top right border color is going to change from light to something darker.
And this was a picture of the last posting for you to compare. Actually I can see a little difference even tho all of the top circles weren't enlarged it still satisfies me.
As you can see in the first photo I started hooking the corner swag. Sad to say that I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to hooking Magdalena's rugs. The plan is to replicate the antique rug using my wool on hand but somehow, somewhere, the shape changes.
In looking at her swags it might look like 3 rows of blue wool but you don't know if those were #3 cuts or #8 cuts since everything was cut by hand I'm sure. So each swag may end up being differently shaped, and maybe even a color missing but will attempt to do my best.
OH, and the other thing..... in a previous post mentioned that in the original antique picture it showed that Magdalena used various colors in her holding line. Check out my top picture and you can see that I've tried to do that too. But think for sure I'll change the holding line on the top left corner to something darker.
And not sure if I'll continue using left overs in various colors for the holding line or use a long strip of wool with various textures to make the rug more stable at the edges. Time will tell.
Thanks for dropping by.