Tuesday, November 27, 2018

This Fickle Hooker Update

You regular followers know I'm a fickle hooker who will take a right hand turn in a heartbeat.  Yeah, I ALWAYS finish my rugs but sometimes a project just pulls me in to delay the one in works.  

The Horses and Hearts rug was completely hooked but not bound and was looking forward to working on Star Geometric started at camp early this month.  BUT ~ I received an order from someone who wanted a pattern designed by Kelley of With Hook and Needle.  It was so dang cute that I wanted to hook it TOO.

Here is my progress so far but there is still one more small figure which needs to be hooked but wouldn't fit on this piece of linen.  As you can see I utilize every piece of linen left over from orders for myself.  If it doesn't fit on my hooking frame then I sew a piece of fabric along the short side.  It works perfectly.


Was thinking of tea staining this but as I look at it here everything seems fine so that decision will be made later.  BUT, December is just a few days away so my hook better get working.
 Okay, okay.. in full disclosure the Snowman is a design by Kelley which was in her Merrie Wynter pamphlet.  However, Rebecca of The Simple Quiet creatively used that image in a stocking.  Therefore I was in a pickle.  YES, the snowman was a design by Kelley; BUT the creative use of her design came from Rebecca.  

So I contacted both Kelley (I'm authorized to draw her designs) and Rebecca asking permission to use her creation of the stocking.  Rebecca graciously granted me permission.  

This is just a mini-lesson on this whole copyright issue for those of you who are newbie hookers.

Hopes are to get this stocking and accessories finished, assembled and hanging on my front door before or at least by December 1st.  Am very anxious to get back to Star Geo because there is another 'hot number' waiting in the wings.

Saundra





7 comments:

  1. That is a cute idea, was thinking of patterns I have that would work on a stock, I will have to relook at her book. Love the colors you used.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colors and am anxious to see how it all comes together. I too add fabric to my linen so I can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my,,, love this !
    Looks like a Kelley snowman!
    So darn sweet,,,
    Will look great on ur door!!
    My hooking taking abit of back seat,,, as I finish knitting some things for christmas! And hate to be rushed at the end,,,,
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Will be interested in seeing how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet snowman. LOVE your color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.