Saturday, September 14, 2019

Did ya Miss Me????

Have wondered if I'd be missed if I stopped blogging as so many others have done.  Before leaving for Cape May though I'd not be able to post photos on my blog from camp did a pre-saved post and planned to hit send from camp.  Turned out I couldn't remember my password and Google wouldn't send.  Thus, no posts until now.  But this is what I'd saved............

If you are reading this blog I am already at Cape May but saved this post before leaving home.  Reason is most times Blogger will NOT let me or anyone post photos on iPad.  So Google, there's more than one way to skin the cat!!!!

On Wednesday there will be a rug show open to the public at the Chalfonte Hotel and these are the rugs I'm taking to show.
Star Geometric (above), an antique adaptation drawn by me, designer unknown.  
Lititz Hens, an antique adaptation drawn by me and the designer was Magdalena Briner Eby.
Above is Early Farm Scene an antique adaptation drawn by Frontier Homestead and designer unknown.
I thoroughly enjoyed every loop pulled on the Great Granddaughter's Rug above.  It was drawn by me and designed by Magdalena Briner Eby.  Below is a photo of the great granddaughter of Magdalena and the great granddaughter's son, who recently donated the prized possession.
Below is a rug drawn by me using the wording from the War Advertising Council of 1944 to conserve resources.  Always thought it was a phrase from struggling farmers and mostly used by quilters and rug hookers.  I'd be totally wrong when doing a search on the phrase.
An adorable winter piece from the design of Kelley Belfast and drawn by me is Welcome Snowman.
Also hooked in 2019 but not in the show is Cat Nap, which has already been presented to a friend.  It is also a design by Kelley Belfast and drawn by me.
OH!!!!!  Don't want to forget Patriotic Pumpkins but that piece is busy gracing my harvest table at the moment.
However,  I'd forgotten to take Horses and Hearts so it stayed home.  Guess I can take it for next year's show at Cape May.
Will do another blog post tomorrow.  I'm BAACK.
S






7 comments:

  1. Just figured you were busy getting the house and yard ready before leaving...and resting up from your dental work.

    Hope you are having a wonderful time at camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were at camp. Don't worry, if you were gone too long, I'd be checking up on you making sure you hadn't suffocated under an avalanche of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did miss you,,,!
    Knew you were having an amazing time,,
    Love ur mats!
    Welcome home,,
    I go away next weekend for a hooking weekend with a friend!
    Better get organized, ,,,
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Even though I follow you I didn’t realize that you had been so busy this year. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camp sure does fly by, doesn't it?
    I look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have missed you too , but knew you were going to rug camp & thought you were there busy hooking & having lots of fun ! All of your rugs are beautiful & you have been busy hooking this year !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your rugs! Hope you dont stop blogging like so many have. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.