Thursday, February 27, 2020

Throwback Thursday

It has been about 8 years since I stopped doing artisan shows and while the extra pocket money was nice I don't miss the work involved to prepare, load up, set up, tear down, load up and unload the items back to their place.

At that time I made primitive, whimsical and artsy dolls then began hooking items to sell.  Small mats and purses were among the most popular but did sell a couple larger rugs .  The very first purse I hooked was a pattern from a Kindred Spirits booklet.  I kept the original to use as my 'money bag' at craft shows.
Then used the shape to design others.  Each was lined with a small pocket and snap closure.
Cat purses were very popular so they sold as soon as one was hooked.

Hooked A Scrappy Cat purse with a primitive cat design.
These two purses had a button closure.
I loved this Distlefink design by Lori Brechlin and of course it sold too.  
Two more with button closures.
There were many more purses made and sold over the years and don't have photos of all.  Wow, looking back I sure did hook a lot of purses.

Speaking about purses..... my friend and frequent camp roomie Deb hooked one for me.  I used it for a while but was afraid of ruining it so now it hangs as a piece of art in my home.  It has a purchased twisted cord strap.  Maybe I'll use it when going to April camp so I can show it to Cindy Irwin.  Think she will be impressed with Deb's talent.
Happy hooking and hope the purses have piqued your creative self.

Saundra
www.woodlandjunctionprimitives.weebly.com


5 comments:

  1. Love all your neat purses ! I have several Kindred Spirits books , their things still tug at my heart strings ….The one Deb made for you is pretty amazing ! A work of art !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it really been 8 years since you've done a show? WOW! How time flies.
    Your purses are all so sweet. I remember you posting the one Deb hooked. That is truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those purses are so amazing! I need to hook one for myself some day. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your purses are absolutely FABULOUS Saundra!!! I bet you'd have an immediate market if you made then and sold them online. Of course I love the crow ones, but my absolute favorite is. The scrappy cat. It looks like the cat in the welcome cats rug I have started...and haven't finished of course. And wow on the purse your friend made...that is amazing! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.