Friday, November 3, 2023

BEFORE I LEAVE FOR CAMP

Thought I'd show Lollipop Flowers all hooked and bound and am happy to have it done in time for camp to show Caroline (Eagles Nest Woolens) who is my teacher next week and who color planned it at Cape May. I LOVE it!!!!
Also love the rounded corners which made whipping the edge so much easier.  Below is a photo of the label attached which has a picture of the original antique.
The picture is hard to see so here is a larger view of the antique rug.
Also, I did try reverse hooking that brown top part of the wing with the grey wool like the body and which is that strip on top of the brown.  You'll have to wait until I return home from camp to see what the results were of that.  BTW, the eagle rug is NOT done, it's still a work in progress.  My focus will be on my new project after my start with Caroline at camp.
Am looking forward to class with Caroline to hook the reclining sheep which has been on my long list of rugs to hook.  Everything else will be on the backburner for a while.

Happy hooking.

Saundra 

14 comments:

  1. Have fun. Looking forward to seeing your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay the sheep 🐑 rug. Have fun and don’t forget to snap a few pix to see how many extras are there with you 😁
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Lollipop Flowers rug is a beauty. You did an amazing job on it. Your teacher will be very proud and so should you. The eagle is looking great and I like that you show us the wool you used for hooking.

    Have fun, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lollipop rug. Have a great time at rug camp it is always such a good time
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ,love ur lollipops,,,,,So fun,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lollipops is drop dead gorgeous!!!
    Safe travels to camp. Tell Caroline I said hi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two thumbs up for the lollipop rug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear anonymous, thanks for taking the time to comment. Wish I knew who you were and maybe an email address so I could respond personally.

      Delete
  8. One of your very best finishes yet Saundra. I LOVE it! Have a great time at camp....I know you will! Safe travels. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love ,Love your Lollypop rug too !!! Have a Great time at the rug camp !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love your lollypop rug. It is beautifully done, and the colors are wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful week at camp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifu lollipops!!! ~ have fun at camp, safe travels and see ya when you get back! {take lots of snaps for us please}
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun at rug camp. I like the colors of your lollipop rug better than the antique one. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.