Saturday, September 14, 2024

COUNTDOWN ~ JUST A WAKE UP

Not sure why I make such a production out of preparing for rug camp and get so stressed out.  Heck, it's just grabbing some wool, the pattern and packing a suitcase of clothes, right?  Wrong.  I could give you a check list of the regimen I set for myself to prepare but won't bore you with that.  

Anyway, Bird on Tree Stump did get bound in time for the rug show; so I'm all caught up until the next one is finished.  
Am wondering when I get home from camp if I'll concentrate on the camp rug (dog with basket) or the one which was started first ~ Giant Flower.

There are 8 rugs I'm taking this year for the rug show.  All of which have been completed since last Cape May rug camp.  Here's the list and no photos as you've seen them all before more than once.

~ Lollipop Flowers (with Caroline Twigg at Cape May last year)
~ Reclining Lamb (hooked in Caroline's class last November in OC, MD)
~ Lone Stag and Star hooked at home
~ Star and Hearts Geometric (hooked at home)
~ 1922 Fox  (another hooked at home)
~ Running Horse (yup, home alone)
~ Leroy Brown Junk Yard Dog (JYD just rolls off the tongue 😜)
~ Bird on Tree Stump (hooked at home)

Am surprised I've made this much headway on Giant Flower with yard work and other tasks to get ready for camp and am pleased so far. 
Weather will be cooler near the ocean at Cape May than inland and presently rain is predicted for several days next week.   Just printed out the weather schedule.  Guess I'll be packing a raincoat for sure.
Just had a flashback of last year's Cape May when Lauren and I were battling one another via email.  You can see the results of that fight in an old post HERE.

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. Bird on a Stump turned out so beautifully...I'm glad you got it bound in time to take to campy. Wishing you safe travels and the best of times...I know you'll be in your happy place! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rugs will be a Hit at the Rug Camp !!! Gals will be swooning at each & every one !!! Have a Wonderful time & hope you don't see any rain drops !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to bind bird on stump in time for camp. Cannot believe you have that many rugs to take, but knw everyone will love them. Have fun! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the rain in the forecast. I always take to much and not enough.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send the rain to central Ohio. our vegetation is crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the time you read this, you will already be at camp. Enjoy every minute of it and take lots of pictures.
    Eight rugs??? You definitely are the over achiever.
    Too funny! I forgot all about our "battle". Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.