Sunday, September 29, 2024

NEW OLD RUGS

I always find time to search for old rugs on auction sites and found a few I hadn't seen before.  Not saying they weren't around, I just didn't see them.

This rug of bold flowers is quite nice and could be hooked with hand torn.  Given a date of early to mid 19th century.
A deer dated 1900 and measures 23 x 35.5.
Kittens playing, 
22 x 34 given a date of early 20th century.
Wish there had been a full frontal photo of this Canadian floral.  Nice mellow colors and dated 1930.
What a cute whimsical rug of a child and chicken.  Hooked early 20th century and the rug measures 21 x 34.
Being sold along with the above rug is Woolie and Tammy, two dogs.
I didn't know the name of the dark dog until seeing the reverse side of the rug.
The rug below cracked me up.  Perhaps the name of this rug should be Lady long-legs or Long Tall Sally.  She may be riding side-saddle but those are some mighty long legs she has.  This would be a fun hook just because of the humor.  And I kinda like the design.
Recently found two Hutchinson style hooked rugs.  In case you can't read it, the script says, "When the Sea is Dark & Drear The Mariner Sees yon Light Appear".  
The other Hutchinson is The Sailors Return.  Neither of which were given dates they were hooked.

Now back to pulling loops on my camp rug.

Saundra


1 comment:

  1. That first one is my favorite.
    I love Hutchinson rugs but have no desire to hook one ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.