Wednesday, September 4, 2024

JUST ANOTHER RUG SHOW

Found some newly listed rugs but several of them didn't seem interesting enough to take up flash drive space so didn't save all.  Here goes and these were some which did merit space on my drive yet you may not find them worthy.  

Three geometric rugs from the collection of Robert L. Pfannebecker early 20th century.
Another two from the collection of the same person and a smidgen more interesting than the three above.  There were a few more of his collection for sale which I didn't save.
This next one I do like and isn't from his collection, nor are the rest of the rugs I'm going to post.
I thought this dog with big stick was cute.  No idea on date as it must have sold at some point and no info could be found.
Black horse with two-toned leaf border or are they primitive scrolls?  No other information available.
Not a rug but rather a 1700's stitched pocketbook.  Lovely fall colors and would  make a fantastic rug project.  Shame it is in such ad shape, but it is old afterall.
Below is a chair pad that friend April Leas took a photo of at an antique show.
Another lovely floral dated approximately 1899 and with dimensions of 42 x 59.
That's it for today folks.  Trying to do a little inside and outside chores before rug camp.  It might not all get done by camp time tho 😞

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. I like the horse, but I love love love the idea of the pocketbook for a rug 😍 It is absolutely gorgeous. Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many varieties,,,,,love the dog with the stick,too,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog with a stick is fun! Must have been someone's beloved pet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some good ones in there I am not much on geometrics. I love looking at them not interested in hooking one.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo....LOVE that pocketbook. Those be the colors of my heart... (and here you thought it was black I bet....) ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have a zillion rugs saved. I have always loved this horse one. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the stitched pocket book.Too bad the moths dine on it. It such a lovely pattern. You are right, it would make a great rug.

    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.