Thursday, August 6, 2026

A TAD OF ENTERTAINMENT

 First thing I do in the morning with coffee is search for antique rugs but only save pics of those to my liking.  Of course there are pages of rugs yet many are very ornate florals and Orientals, neither of which I care to hook, also abstracts or modern day Claire Murray designs.  Occasionally I'll find a few that warrant sharing.  Sadly there's been none recently which float my boat enough to want to hook them.

This geo floral below was recently listed and still available.  No date or dimensions were offered, guess they want an inquiry from someone with interest to buy before they provide that info.  It is easy on the eyes but won't be on my list to hook.
Next one is weirdly interesting, however I do not intend to hook it either.  A crowned King circa 1900 measuring 18.5 x 24.  What, pray tell, is he holding in his hand???  Still offered for sale if anyone is interested in owning this piece.
Although a scrappy hooked piece I suspect Janice will like these two bunnies.  It measures 22 x 30 but auction house did not provide age.
This horse was promoted as a Canadian hooked rug but no other information was provided.
A cartoonish portrayal of a cat and dog, 19th century (19.5 x 32).
And finally, a cats paw rug with squiggly hit and miss border.
Well folks, here's my contribution to the rug hooking readership.  Gonna be a few days of extremely hot and humid weather.  I'll be staying inside and hope my A/C continues to work.

Saundra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.