This is drawn about the same size as the shield part of the triptych I previously hooked. Actually I was on a roll and didn't want to stop and change horses patterns midstride. But thought the flying witchy woman should get started to maybe entice someone to join me or do their own hooked or applique piece before Halloween.
Once Crossed Flags is done I will have completed all 3 sections of this antique rug shown below. The original antique measures 30 by 88, a whopper of a rug to hook so knew mine had to be hooked and enjoyed in sections.
Remember recently I had my driveway repaired, patched and seal coated? Well take a gander at what I noticed about two weeks ago. The opening has gotten somewhat larger since taking this photo.
It is about 5" deep but not sure how wide it goes as I didn't want to get too close and fall in. So off to Lowes I went to buy a safety cone so people wouldn't drive over that area and get a tire stuck. The left side (facing the house) is what I've been using to exit and enter.
Of course it couldn't have happened BEFORE the driveway work was done so now they have to come back. And if you look again in the area behind the cone and in front of the trash container you will see an area I asked them fix which was a dip where (I think) moles were traveling thru.
The asphalt guy has been called and said he'd be here to repair it "in a week or two". It has been a week since he was here to assess the work. Since rain is predicted for the rest of the week guess it won't be this week it gets fixed. Is this new issue a result of the moles changing their travel route. Or is it because when the property was cleared of trees almost 30 years ago the roots have finally rotted and collapsed making this sink hole? Who knows. It just means more money spent on something other than wool.
Saundra
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.