Friday, August 21, 2026

WITCHY WOMAN

The Witchy Woman will now take a breather while I contemplate other color choices and further design ideas.  So far I've been working mostly from my wooly worm bags ~ the dark wool strips are #8 cut with slivers used for crosses.  The moon is hooked mostly with #8.5 cuts but more narrow around the feet and face.  Am not happy with  the shape of the cape but am not reverse hooking it.
Also am wondering if the moon colors would be more spooky if  'wandering' into the sky.  Whatever colors it is I choose for that?  Guess you could say it's still in the planning stage.  Heck, the entire piece of linen is only 13.5 x 15.5 and part of that will be turned back and attached to the craft felt to hang on the front door.  So it should still be completed waaay before Halloween.

Wish there were more enticing antique rugs listed for sale to inspire me for the next project.  There is one design enlarged but not drawn on linen since my interest fluctuates daily.  Am holding out for one that says, "You're IT!"

Sheila K. sent me a picture of a sketch she made some time ago of a witch and sure hope she draws it up and hooks it.  Seems she has found her mojo again.  Anyone else jumping on the bandwagon?  Happy hooking.

In other not-so-happy news, I've somehow managed to get poison ivy again.  Yes I did work outside Monday removing limbs and picking up pine cones and even pulling a few weeds.  But none of them had "leaves of 3..."  My chin and neck have it, one arm, spots on both thighs.  Went to bed last night with long sleeves and thought about using an old covid 19 mask to cover my chin.  Covering myself like a mummy is why Robin gave me the name "mummy dearest" MD for short.  So both she and Lauren will refer to me as MD often.  Now you know what it means when you see comments from them using those initials.

Saundra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.