In a previous post I mentioned googling "royalty free witch or Halloween images" and showed a pic of my in-progress Witchy Woman. Maureen said Witchy Woman reminded her of the "Halloween Beistle" images she used to put in her windows. The next day Maureen emailed again saying she went down the Halloween rabbit hole and sent me a few images she found during that visit.
So that is yet another resource for anyone who wishes to do a small Halloween, or BIG Halloween project. As promised, here is a picture of Sheila's Witch design. Quite nice and her drawing is better than my hen scratching, redrawing and erasure marks.
Plus, and with permission, she sent me a witch she hooked playing with various textiles and it is a Katie Allman design. Thanks Sheila.
And now today I finally pulled a few loops to have something to show you since my last post. My excuse is... "life got in the way", as Lauren would say. Well, at least I know it will still be ready for Halloween since it is so small.
That blue background is a nasty thready piece of thin cotton I purchased early on in my rug hooking endeavor. Saw it at the thrift shop and decided it was cheap enough to put in my stash. Many times I'd thought of tossing it but glad it survived long enough for this project.
BTW, the cotton stitched at the left side near the tree has teased out and making my life miserable. So used a strong piece of wool to tie it to the sides until getting this far. The piece of linen was small so was trying to salvage as much inside for hooking as possible. Saundra
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.