Since I just finished the small cat mat relatively fast, also have more small pieces of linen hanging around and with October (Halloween) just a couple months away, an idea was forming. I'd like to have a small Halloween hooked design hanging on my front door instead of a fall wreath. I do have a couple PDF patterns from Lori Brechlin, although they are a nice size they are too big and too detailed for what I want.
For you non-hookers and quilters, you could do an applique, for us rug hookers it would be a small and relatively fast piece to hook, even for Lauren whose life seems to always get in her way. So I googled 'royalty free witch silhouettes' and there were numerous shadowy ideas. There were pumpkins, cats, spooky houses, a witch with her crystal ball, flying witches and much more.
Here are some free images I copied and saved. My first thought was to hook just a profile silhouette to keep it simple and call it done.
But then wondered if I'd like a flying witch better.
For those who like the image of a witch stirring her brew and love cats, there one for you too. There are many more images than I've posted here so do that royalty free image search, take a gander at them yourself and perhaps you will be inclined to participate too.
Then wondered if I'd like a raven flying in front of a Halloween moon or a scared cat with a curled tail and hunched back. So you can see there are many ideas rolling around in my cranium and still haven't decided. So y'all think about it and when I decide will do a blog post about it. All are welcome to join me and share photos with me.
Saundra
What a fun idea. I'm going to try to do it...I literally have about 6 WIPS right now. 7's a lucky number right? Ha
ReplyDelete