Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Princess Cathy's Cat

It's all hooked but am not happy the eyes don't match despite my ripping out and rehooking them a few times.  The face was hooked in #8 cut but the rest was mostly #8.5 cut except for the eyes.  So am calling it done ..but then there are a few more month's before Christmas to revisit the dang thing.
If you'd like to see the two photos of Cathy's cat previously posted, you can see them HERE.  I decided to use the cat's position in the box but use wool as close as I could find in my stash to match the sofa the kit-kat is resting on.  Not a perfect match but close enough so no dyeing was needed.

The finished dimensions are 14 x 15, so rather small.  To draw it any bigger would make the cat appear larger than a normal cat or if a bigger pattern the cat would get lost in the background.

So before you even ask, here is the answer ~  I don't have anything planned as my next project.  But am working out an idea in my head which some of you might be interested in, even you non-rug hookers.  More on that later.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. Geez o Pete. Finished already!!!
    Your daughter-in-love will be beyond thrilled to receive this ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cats! (Pun intended…sorry). You sure made short work of that! I think, too, you nailed it and Cathy will adore it. I think the eyes are great. If I had to suggest any modification to them, it would be maybe make them a wee bit larger? (Or am I thinking of my sweet Lizzi and the crossed blue eyes that were too big, it seemed, for he petite face. Can’t wait to hear what your “idea” is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always too hard on yourself. I think it looks amazing! Princess Cathy will love it as a gift. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ...you did a great job !!! And you have a Cmas present Done !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I feel like I could reach out and pet that beautiful fur. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the eyes are spot on! VERY nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job on Princess Cathy and the eyes are purrrfect.
    You are such a perfectionist like Lauren.

    It's been so long since I hooked, I think I've forgotten how...
    Hugs,
    Julia


    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done an amazing ,,job on the cat mat ,,, 😄
    Wow,,
    Well done
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.