Had to move the rug on the frame so thought I'd take a picture of it as it is now. Actually I took two pictures with different settings so will post both in case one shows the true colors more than the other. In one of them it seems you can see the mound colors better.
I have had a lot of fun with the border because I'm using various worms to fill in the triangle since the antique was done that way because 'she used what she had'. And, yes, I did pull out the light area near the rump of the sheep because I figured that if it were being repaired the new wool would more than likely be darker (maybe). Not sure what I'll do with the other light wool yet.
Funny, I can't tell the difference between the two pictures. When I removed the rug from the frame and turned it over I can see several 'vacations' which I'll need to fill in. It is fun working on the rug but also want to finish up that doll so maybe I'll work on that a little tomorrow. Right now I'm going back and pull more loops on the sheep rug.