Monday, February 4, 2013

Do You Dream of a Rug Hooking Getaway?


Do you ever think about the perfect hooking get-away with your friends or family?  A quiet setting on a porch early morning with coffee/tea or hooking over looking more than 320 feet of Atlantic Ocean at your back door step? Here is the place; it is called Old Salt in Nova Scotia.  No, unfortunately I don't own it but do know someone who does.
Inside the home is delightful and welcoming and if you follow the link below it will give you more pictures and information.  Old Salt is just 20 minutes from the new Rug Hooking Museum of North America.  And of course every hooker knows that Nova Scotia is known for their rug hooking.

For those of you who have followed my blog you are probably familiar with the name Jo-Anne Harris who organized the Sincerely Jane rug challenge (which was in a recent issue of Rug Hooking Magazine) and several other challenges on Rughookers.  It is she who owns Old Salt and this is the post she recently posted on Rughookers Bulletin board (a board where one can sell or inquire about buying an item).

“As many of you know I have a rental property in Nova Scotia. It's about 20 minutes from the museum. I have a person renting the week of Aug 10-17 but he has asked to stay until the 18th to attend a wedding on the 17th. I typically rent Saturday to Saturday but would like to let this guy stay until the 18th however that will make it difficult to rent the week from the 18th to the 24th since it is only 6 days.

Therefore, I was wondering if there is a group of rug hookers who would like to consider renting for this week. I will lower the rate for rug hookers and will only fill the three bigger bedrooms so will be charging $425/week for each bedroom. One of them has two beds (double and single) so if two people want to share I would increase that amount a bit and decrease the other bedrooms a little as well. The other two bedrooms have queen sized beds. I will cover the cleaning cost at the end of the week.

Please let me know if you're interested in doing this. If so, I will take reservations on a first come first served basis.

If you need more info on the house you can see our rental website at www.homeaway.com/182566 Any questions please email me through this list or at ragrugs@hotmail.com       Thanks,  JoAnne”

So if any of you have interest, have questions about dates, etc, please contact Jo Anne at ragrugs@hotmail.com.  However, IF you should write me I'll happily give you her e-mail address or forward your message to her.  
 
Sure wish I could go with whoever goes to enjoy, but I've got my boy Ben and already extended my friendship with someopne coming to take care of Ben when I go to the other rug camps.  HOWEVER......ONE day ONE time I want to go and it WILL happen..... I hope.

Thanks for the visit and be kind to one another.
 
Saundra

2 comments:

  1. Oh, would that be fun to hook there...sigh. Maybe someday.....
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a wonderful place to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.